Just a quick build check...

Awesome, thanks. I think I'm going to stick with the 8800GT. I have that exact same 8600GT in my current build (in sig) and the fan is ridiculously loud. I know that I can buy a fanless cooler, but that costs extra money and effort. Haha.

I think the 8800GT will be fine. Here is my list so far. There are a few tweaks and changes that I made:

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115042
OS: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116515
Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188013
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122
Thermal Grease: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182032
Graphics Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130319
HDD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136073
Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021
Burner: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151155

Again, suggestions are welcome. I'm trying to get the best system for my money. Thanks!

Looks good,

Might want a CPU cooler though, i one i recommend is a good one.

So yes, you are good to order those parts.
 
I thought about the Zalman, but I shied away from it. Yeah, people have said that this CPU runs hot, but I'm not going to be overclocking it at all. Heck, it's not even for me. It's going to be a work machine for a friend. I doubt he even knows what overclocking is. Even if the CPU does run at 45 - 50 degrees, it can definitely handle it. As long as it doesn't start hitting 60 - 70 degrees I think I should be alright. CPUs can handle a lot of heat and most people don't really realize that. Yeah, the cooler the better, but 40 degrees is in no way going to shorten the life of the CPU.
 
I thought about the Zalman, but I shied away from it. Yeah, people have said that this CPU runs hot, but I'm not going to be overclocking it at all. Heck, it's not even for me. It's going to be a work machine for a friend. I doubt he even knows what overclocking is. Even if the CPU does run at 45 - 50 degrees, it can definitely handle it. As long as it doesn't start hitting 60 - 70 degrees I think I should be alright. CPUs can handle a lot of heat and most people don't really realize that. Yeah, the cooler the better, but 40 degrees is in no way going to shorten the life of the CPU.

Yeah i suppose.....

But Zalman are good and people like their fans.
 
Back
Top