Just bought a new mobo and it wont work?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Is the fan spinning on the video card? Not trying to be smart, but you do have the monitor plugged into the wall:p

FairDoos

Is the fan spinning on the video card? Not trying to be smart, but you do have the monitor plugged into the wall:p

Haha norr any info you need ill give even if it is a stupid question xD And the fan is spinning yes and yes the monitor is plugged in xD

StrangleHold

Staff member
If the card works on the other board and all the standoffs are right, everything plugged in right. Is everything the same other than a board swap? If so it just might be a freak thing and you got a bad board, if its easy to return just swap it out. Never used one of those, but I have installed a few of the GA MA770 boards.

Just start from the beginning one more time again and make sure everything is right/standoffs/power connectors/memory/ video card/ case connectors. If it doesnt boot, I would swap for another board.

Last edited:

FairDoos

Erm ok this it works now for some strange reason? I just re-sitted everything? Wow that has just stressed me out so much! :l Im enoyed now haha after all that! F**k sake sorry for language but i think its needed after all that my fingers hurt =[ THANKS FOR THOSE WHO HELPED! (Stranglehold) :)

konsole

wait you replaced the motherboard and didnt reinstall windows? I would think that replacing the motherboard makes too many changes to not have to reformat and reinstall. Not that I know 100% but I think the motherboard and definately the hard drive are the 2 only things that require a reformat. Everything else can be replaced or upgraded without reformatting.

StrangleHold

Staff member
wait you replaced the motherboard and didnt reinstall windows? I would think that replacing the motherboard makes too many changes to not have to reformat and reinstall. Not that I know 100% but I think the motherboard and definately the hard drive are the 2 only things that require a reformat. Everything else can be replaced or upgraded without reformatting.

Didnt have anything to do with if Windows would boot or not. He wasnt getting anything on the monitor.

FairDoos

Ha owell you will get over it problem is solved now so no need for any more posts in thread *CLOSED*

:)