just my luck :(

way2evil

ok so today i come home from the hospital and notice my computer shut down. already i know somethings wrong. i start it up and get this error "loading dll needed for kernel" or something like that. how do i fix this? after 2 popped keys on my keyboard i decided to calm down. any help is appreciated and plz just dont say reformat

The_Other_One

VIP Member
REFORMAT.......hehe, there's probably a way around that ;)

I'd first try to run window's recovery deal from the setup disk. That usualy fixes errors such as yours. You could also give safemode a shot and see if you could possibly use window's System Restore option to go back to an earlier date(but I doubt it'll load with such an error.)

way2evil

well i did an in place upgrade. after wasting a day on the phone with tech support saying reformat, even after i showed him the article on microsoft.com (what an idiot) so i told him i'd be better off on my own. so it works now and i didnt lose any files. but now i cannot open stuff from icons on my desktop. (?) and in aol when someone send me a message a box used to pop up on the bottom and say the message. now its just a white rectangle that dosent go away. any ideas now? (just one problem after another) intel needs to rush conroe out to me so i have an excuse to buy a new comp

way2evil

little bit of a bump. when i open firefox, it seems to open, then close. no bar pops up on the task bar but i do see it in the task manager. it opens and closes. anyone have an idea?

way2evil

i have reinstalled it 3 times already. it isnt just firefox either, its any program i try to open. only aol and IE, wow and a few others work

agapetos

So, you don't have any backups at all??? tsk tsk tsk. How about a backup of your windows registry? No? No system settings and files transfers saved just for the heck of it? How about a copy of your documents and settings? Try running all the spyware/virus cleaning you can get your hands on and do it in safe mode.
I'm not sure if I understand you right, but you did an install on top of the existing windows? Sometimes that will create some issues like yours, I've had that happen. I would back up all my files first and foremost, run all the virus/malware programs and see if that helps. Also run some good registry fixer.

new vega

the kernal nows nothing

the kernal message u got means ur kernal has faild and needs replacing. if ur good w/ dos u can replace it in the sys32 folder urself or u can do a repair if its xp. when it searches for previous windows it will have a repair key u can press and itll fix u right up.

as for ur firefox, it could be a virus, but chances are the page ur trying to get to only works on IE so just use wat works

way2evil

new vega said:
the kernal message u got means ur kernal has faild and needs replacing. if ur good w/ dos u can replace it in the sys32 folder urself or u can do a repair if its xp. when it searches for previous windows it will have a repair key u can press and itll fix u right up.

as for ur firefox, it could be a virus, but chances are the page ur trying to get to only works on IE so just use wat works

thanks for the help but i fixed the kernel error and the firefox thing is just that firefox isnt opening at all. firefox.exe is not opening when i click the shortcut