Just ordered a 4K TV: How can I view the stuff on my Computer on my TV?

So I just ordered a 4k TV that I plan on using with my main Computer System that has a 1080p 144hz monitor. What I really want to to do is be able to watch my Desktop on one screen and the movie on the other. I never had dual monitor set up before. How can I do this and what do I need to do?

Intel_man

VIP Member
Right click desktop -> Display Settings

Usually the monitors default to "Extend desktop to this display" which is the correct setting.

Then choose which monitor you want to be the default one with the Make this my main display checkbox.

Feel free to go through the other settings as you like, but those two are the ones to confirm. You could also drag your monitors around to rearrange them to the setup you plan to have (i.e. side-by-side, above-below, etc...)

Right click desktop -> Display Settings

Usually the monitors default to "Extend desktop to this display" which is the correct setting.

Then choose which monitor you want to be the default one with the Make this my main display checkbox.

Feel free to go through the other settings as you like, but those two are the ones to confirm. You could also drag your monitors around to rearrange them to the setup you plan to have (i.e. side-by-side, above-below, etc...)
Perfect thank you so much! I am gonna try this first thing when I get the TV.

beers

Staff member
Windows key + P usually brings up the multi display menu, as per @Intel_man if you go to display settings on the desktop right click context menu then you can move them around however you want, pick what you want for primary, adjust rez/refresh etc

Windows key + P usually brings up the multi display menu, as per @Intel_man if you go to display settings on the desktop right click context menu then you can move them around however you want, pick what you want for primary, adjust rez/refresh etc
Hello! just wanted to update and thanks for the help. Turns out it was a lot easier than I thought lol I followed an easy 3 step guide and now I have it figured out. I thought it would be difficult since I never had Dual Monitor/(TV) Set up before but its pretty simple.

Anyway! thanks for the help again!