Justifications

Concordedly

I want a really nice system and paydays keep coming and passing by, but it seems very impossible to save up the money I want for everything. I mean, if I get the nice desktop I want, I will have no money for a nice monitor and be stuck using this crappy Dell oldschool monitor. If I upgrade my monitor, I'm looking at using a crappy Dimension 2350 on a beautiful LCD display.

It really grinds my gears and I felt like ranting. Any thoughts?

Laquer Head

Welcome to the real world and having to work/save for things you want.

I don't mean that in a rude way but, life sucks sometimes! Save a little each cheque and when you do have enough for everything, then it will be that much more awesome!

Also, my advice--don't buy something that is gonna leave you with no money! Bills, food, rent..etc need to come first over a kick ass computer. Cause a sik computer will do you f*** all good sitting in a gutter with no food, dirty clothes, and no place to plug it in..

Best of luck

Last edited:

A Cheese Danish

I agree. It is hard to keep a hold of money nowadays. Everything goes toward new hardware.
You try and save, but you keep wanting to buy more. I completely understand where you are coming from.
It sucks.

Concordedly

Thanks for this guys. Sometimes it seems when I'm browsing the forum everyone has these kick-a#$ computers and I'm sitting with my little Dimension 2350 against the world..Good to know that I'm not the only one tight for money these days.

Laquer Head

Thanks for this guys. Sometimes it seems when I'm browsing the forum everyone has these kick-a#$ computers and I'm sitting with my little Dimension 2350 against the world..Good to know that I'm not the only one tight for money these days.

Don't even worry bout other people.

Ask yourself, do you have food in your stomach? roof over your head? good friends and family that care bout you?...

Save now, and think..once you got money saved not only will it be satisifying--but you know that the parts will be that much better!!!!

Dep

I feel your pain. My computer is almost 5 years old and is giving me grief nearly every day. I want to build a new system that I can upgrade for the years ahead, but danged if life just doesn't keep getting in the way! Bills, feeding the family, mortgage...all the great things that happen in every day life.

And on top of that, like Jake, I've spent enough on guitars and amps the past year to have built a system that would last me for a loooong time But it's the main thing my 15 year old son and I do together, play guitars. So that's more important than having a super computer, to me.

I'm working some extra details at work so I can buy my computer a piece at a time. The detail I worked last week will pay for my case. The three I work next week will buy my CPU and my RAM.

So, if it's worth having, it's worth waiting for.

That's my 2cents worth. :)

Dep

Concordedly

Once I get out of this long drawn-out training process I can work plenty of overtime, it's just sitting being unable to make anymore money in training than I am now. Patience is a virtue I simply do not have but am forced into repeatedly on a daily basis. :D

o hawt da$% 200 posts wewt wewt

konsole

A nice computer with a crappy monitor is alot better then a crappy computer with a nice monitor. If you have an older computer and its not running that great and your really struggling to find the funds for a new computer, then learn how to clean your computer up, optimize it, getting it running like new again. You might be able to get a cheap upgrade that will significantly increase its performance.

Last edited:

2048Megabytes

I have a warm place to live, I save about $70 a week toward retirement and I have food to eat. Life is good presently.

I've been in the position of living paycheck to paycheck and wondering if I'll have enough $$$ make it. Living on your own isn't easy.