Kaby lake mobo

Deadpool

Most 1151 motherboards. The 100 series chipsets may need a BIOS update, and since there are yet not many reviews or tests, I wouldn't risk it. The 200 series (H270, Z270, B250) would be ideal to make sure you have no problems.

Trbk2601

Most 1151 motherboards. The 100 series chipsets may need a BIOS update, and since there are yet not many reviews or tests, I wouldn't risk it. The 200 series (H270, Z270, B250) would be ideal to make sure you have no problems.
I saw H110M DGS support kaby lake but i am not sure does it means that I don't need to update BIOS or it can be used with updated BIOS

Deadpool

I saw H110M DGS support kaby lake but i am not sure does it means that I don't need to update BIOS or it can be used with updated BIOS

It means it supports Kaby with the newest BIOS. The thing is that when it's manufactured it has the BIOS of that moment. There were probably updates before that, and you can't find out if your motherboard has the latest BIOS (unless you test it or ask the person that is selling). Most times there would be reviews (like with the Bulldozer CPUs, some 970 motherboards needed updates, others had them already). It's not incredibly hard to update BUOS though, but it is something to keep in mind.

Trbk2601

It means it supports Kaby with the newest BIOS. The thing is that when it's manufactured it has the BIOS of that moment. There were probably updates before that, and you can't find out if your motherboard has the latest BIOS (unless you test it or ask the person that is selling). Most times there would be reviews (like with the Bulldozer CPUs, some 970 motherboards needed updates, others had them already). It's not incredibly hard to update BUOS though, but it is something to keep in mind.
So when you have not updated BIOS can you even boot or you need to use other CPU?

Deadpool

So when you have not updated BIOS can you even boot or you need to use other CPU?

You need to use a CPU to boot into BIOS and update. The only motherboards that can boot into BIOS and update without CPU are the Asus ROG line. And those are a bit expensive.

Edit: There is a Gigabyte feature called Q-flash, but it's pretty rare I believe.

Last edited:

Deadpool

I just read those motherboards support Kaby Lake since the P7.10 BIOS. You should find out which one yours has installed.

Trbk2601

I just read those motherboards support Kaby Lake since the P7.10 BIOS. You should find out which one yours has installed.
I am planning on buying new pc so I would like to be sure that all components are compatible. I am buying g4560 so I need sume budget ish mobo which can run with kaby lake, this mobo looks good enough.
I will probably give my mobo to expert so he can update bios if it wouldn't work without update

Deadpool

H110M DGS fits right?

There is obviously someone who has some CPUs lying around and can update your BIOS without a problem.

What do you mean by fits? You motherboard can update to P7.10 if that's what you are asking.

Just in case, there is a cheaper mobo (AsRock H110M-HDS). Remember those are both MicroATX and support only 2 RAM sticks. If I were you I'd get onlt 1 8Gb stick to add another one later.

Trbk2601

There is obviously someone who has some CPUs lying around and can update your BIOS without a problem.

What do you mean by fits? You motherboard can update to P7.10 if that's what you are asking.

Just in case, there is a cheaper mobo (AsRock H110M-HDS). Remember those are both MicroATX and support only 2 RAM sticks. If I were you I'd get onlt 1 8Gb stick to add another one later.
Ok, thanks for help

Deadpool

By the time you pay for that you could have just gotten either a better board or a better CPU.

That's true you could save the money you give to that charlatan and use it for a 200 chipset motherboard. The B250 is usually pretty cheap.