Kapersky`s a joke

CarlC

I recently installed kapersky internet security,and it`s a complete joke.
It lists the specs on the back of the box and my pc surpasses them easy,yet, my computer lags when loading up(i have already disable all unwanted start up programs) and lags in general it`s also unresponsive at times,and the scanning takes forever,so if i suspect my pc of having a virus,which i think i may have, i have to wait for 14hours for the scan to finish lol.It`s up freaking believable.

Does anybody know away to unistall this trash when a password is install but you can`t remember it?

I`m going back to AVG i think.

Remeniz

Download Revo Uninstaller and use it's uninstall facility. The free version is fine.

This program together with Malwarebytes and Avast! Home Edition is the only protection software I use.

CarlC

Way ahead of ya:D i already tried revo unistaller and msconfig non work.In revo is says about it could be corrupt blah blah blah,but it works fine,it`s this password that`s the problem:mad:

g4m3rof1337

It's your computer. Define "surpasses them", what exactly are your specs? I've had Kaspersky AV on my computer for over a year now, and have never had a single issue with it at all. And I'm a huge gamer/resource user and it never slowed my computer down. Then again, I have a more than capable rig that can handle it.

tremmor

Ive also never had that issue. i can scan two 500 gig drives in about two hours. that's for a full scan. Using Kaspersky Internet Security.

bomberboysk

As has been said earlier, i have never had an issue with Kaspersky, and it is one of the best anti malware programs on the market.

CarlC

Thanks for your replies.I`ve sorted it now :-D was just backing up my files ready to install xp again :-@ but i thought about see if i can find the password file for it,no luck.
But i thought i`ve exausted all my options but then i tried add and remove programs to try and unistall it,but it gave tme the usualthree options,repair,modify or remove, so i chose modify for some reason lol,but it worked:-D i`m running kapersky now and it is ok,no parental controls woop.I would say why i had them on there but it`s a long story and against the forum rules,it`s nothing sexual or illegal or anything.

I think the program could be my cpu because it`s the old celeron d,and it only has if i remember correctly 256kb cache lol.And it`s a LGA.

P.S i tried a object scan,and it said it`ll take 8hrs to cnmplete, i left it running while i wasi n the bath and it was quicker then what it usually was, it did 16% in like an hr.