Kaspersky Antivirus Review Is Kaspersky Capable ??

joeyboy

banned
What do you guys think of Kaspersky and there new line of products? I know they have some new products out, Kaspersky one!! is any one useing it? or Kaspersky Pure? I was reading and interesting review here kaspersky Antivirus Review but would like some feedback of real people using the anti virus software and what you think of it!! as I am thinking about getting it for one of my lap tops

MyCattMaxx

AVTests.png

http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php

spirit

Staff member
Kaspersky was pretty good the last time I tried it however I say that table is a bit weird. Firstly, Trend Micro's products are pretty good (apart from that awful Titanium software) and certainly better than F-Secure's and PC Tool's. Secondly, I'd rate Avast Internet Security higher than Norton Internet Security but oh well.

Back to Kaspersky, it's pretty good and doesn't really slow down your PC, however I think Avast Free Anti-Virus is just as good and of course it's free. You probably really don't need to spend money on anti-virus software to be totally honest with you, but if you do want to spend money, Kaspersky Pure would be a good AV to invest in. If Pure costs too much just get Internet Security, that's what I used to use and it worked well.

MyCattMaxx

Kaspersky looks good in the test results, so my intent of the post is not to knock it.

But by the test results there are better that are free, and I'm a cheap kind of guy... :D

Most of the time virus's can be prevented by careful surfing habits.

spirit

Staff member
MyCattMaxx said:
Most of the time virus's can be prevented by careful surfing habits.
Yeah in my opinion a computer can only be as safe as the user. In addition to installing an AV you can download the free add-on Web of Trust which works with Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and IE9 (though only IE9, not IE8 or older). The add-on can stop you from going to potentially dangerous websites and I highly recommend it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been using Kaspersky Internet security for 2 years now and never had any security issues or Viruses since so i would defiantly say its a good product.

I heard Eset smart security was also very good though,Not sure why its near the bottom of that table but i would not trust those results anyway...they look iffy to me.

Jon Boy

I always find it funny when reading the security comparisons on this forum and the 3rd biggest anti-virus vendor in the world is never listed ! Just goes to show the power of marketing.

2048Megabytes

I prefer "Kaspersky" and "Malwarebytes" for anti-malicious software. "AVG" I have heard is also very good but I have not used it in years.

I really dislike Norton, Symantec and McAfee. They really slow a system down.

I do really like Norton Ghost Version 15, but this is a disk cloning program not anti-malicious software.