Kaspersky & Malwarebytes

If I ran both Kaspersky and Malwarebytes on two files that combined are 50kb is it like a 99% chance that if it comes back clean that it really is? I downloaded a font file and corresponding txt file. I was concerned it might have something. How reliable are those softwares combined?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. If malwarebytes is the paid version then you can't run both programs at once cause they will conflict with one another and cause issues.

I have the free version of Malwarebytes and ran full system scan with it and Kaspersky and turned up nothing. But before I scanned I tried running Sketchup and the computer auto shut down. Maybe ran out of RAM at that particular time and computer is old? Strangely computer seems to run faster now than before getting the font file. So that's weird.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
How much ram is installed? You can download Ccleaner and run it and it will help with cleaning up the pc as well. Just don't run the registry cleaner, just the regular cleaner.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It deletes all the temporary internet and system files and other things which will slow your system down. If you open system properties it will tell you how much ram is installed.

Ok. I'm due for a new system anyway so I think I will just do a full backup soon and try to get something better beyond Windows 8. Just curious. For downloading stuff online of questionable origin is there an online service that can act as a browser and allow you to download stuff to their server into a sandie box type software and run the most advanced antiviral software available on it before downloading to ones computer?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Since you have windows 8, the upgrade to 10 is still free. There is no sense upgrading if you don't have to. Like I said, if you open system properties it will tell you what processor you have and how much ram is installed. If you right click this pc and click on properties, that's the system properties page. Can you tell me what it says or post a screenshot of it.

I will try to get a screen shot later. But I do want a computer that is faster with a much better screen and want a graphic card upgrade as well.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, its outdated, socket 1155. You should get at least in I5 with 8 to 16 gb of ram depending on what you do and an NVME SSD. If you got a budget in mind tell us and we can recommend either prebuilts or custom builds if your are up to it.

What is the spec referring to getting a clear view of a screen at greater angles before it almost seems like an after image? My laptop is real bad for this. Colors and contrast look off after a 30 degree change in view or so.