Keep Losing Website

I own an ACER Chromebook laptop. I bought it to replace my Windows 7 LT. I didn't like it so I bought an HP LT. I now use the CB as my bedside table TV. I am a PLUTO TV nut. The last 2 months, or so, when I'm watching FORENSIC FILES on my CB, it suddenly stops and goes to my screen saver. I have to sign back into PLUTO TV and hope it stays put. This usually happens right after an episode is over, before going to the next episode. I have been watching other shows on PLUTO TV and it does the same thing. Sometimes it goes off in the middle of the episode. When I first put the CB in my room it never did this. Any ideas what's going on?

beers

Staff member
You should be able to change the power management settings to keep the display on.

Keep your Chromebook awake
  1. At the bottom right, select the time.
  2. Select Settings .
  3. On the left, select Device.
  4. Select Power.
  5. Under "When idle," next to "While charging" and "While on battery," choose Keep display on.
What does your post mean?
The dude put some certifications in his signature but he doesn't know that Windows doesn't come on Chromebooks (ChromeOS) so kind of invalidates that shiny achievement from a knowledge perspective.

My CB goes weeks working fine. Then all of a sudden it drops the shows l watch on PLUTO TV or if lm watching a football game on it. I have no clue why.

You should be able to change the power management settings to keep the display on.

Keep your Chromebook awake
  1. At the bottom right, select the time.
  2. Select Settings .
  3. On the left, select Device.
  4. Select Power.
  5. Under "When idle," next to "While charging" and "While on battery," choose Keep display on.

The dude put some certifications in his signature but he doesn't know that Windows doesn't come on Chromebooks (ChromeOS) so kind of invalidates that shiny achievement from a knowledge perspective.
BEERS, I did what you said and it doesn't shut off anymore.
THANKS!

BEERS, I did what you said and it doesn't shut off anymore.
THANKS!
After a few days of my CB working well, it is now going blank again. But, l noticed it stays working great for days ONLY if the screen is minimized. As soon as l open the Window, it goes blank after a few minutes or hours! Why is that?