Keep Me Sane!!!

SirKenin

banned
Ok, I have an idea. Let's end the arguing.

1) He buys Windows
2) He buys his own internet
3) He comes back if he's still having problems.

Cool? :cool:

jljhlhl

We're all allowed opinions, but I'm going to stop arguing over this, it's illegal however you look at it, whether it would hold up in court or not, it's illegal. Everyone else pays for their stuff, why shouldnt he?

bebopin64

We're all allowed opinions, but I'm going to stop arguing over this, it's illegal however you look at it, whether it would hold up in court or not, it's illegal. Everyone else pays for their stuff, why shouldnt he?

technically if it doesn't hold up in court it is not illegal. And everyone else doesn't pay for their stuff, lots do but many many don't. Okay I'm dont arguing now too.

jljhlhl

If you murder someone, and there isnt enough evidence against you, does that make it legal to kill someone?

bebopin64

If you murder someone, and there isnt enough evidence against you, does that make it legal to kill someone?

tthats a different case. the court exhists to interpret the law. the court for killing people is different for using windows.

bebopin64

tthats a different case. the court exhists to interpret the law. the court for killing people is different for using windows.

if there is no doubt that someone used windows before paying for it but later payed for it, and then the court found them innocent of any violations of the law then they technically didn't break the law.

Arm_Pit

banned

All yoru doing is providing evidence to what he said basicly, the court isn't alwasy right all the time. just becuase something does or doesn't pass though a court does not mean its legal or illegal.

- Just because hes buying it now, he always has said basicly that hes buying it now because he HAS TO, we can decide not to help these types of people if we want to :)

lowcar100

Blah. It doesn't matter. He's stolen his internet. He's stolen his Windows. Then he has the nerve to brag about it and ask for help. HAH!

Wow, usually I get like 3 replies to my threads and they die... But I got a lot of unwanted attention.

1) I have had intentions of buying windows but working part time and paying to drive (gas, insurance, repairs) and my cell phone, and saving some for college doesn't exactly allow for $150 to go by without noticing.

2) I don't use my own internet because it too cuts out at random times and does not work for gaming (getting disconnected every 10 minutes... yeah) and my neighbor said it was FINE, I am not stealing it, I have his permission.

3) and to all you who are sayin I am a theif. go take shareaza, limeware, bearshare, etc. off your computer, delete all the music you downloaded then go spend $10,000 on cd's to get it all back

And for the thing I quoted. That is THE BEST way to piss me off, tell me and/or others that I did something I didn't. I did not brag at all, I am asking for help, if anything I am showing my weakness which is near opposite of bragging. Just for the count, you do more bragging in every post you make due to your sig, and clearly you have the $ to not have to 'steal' windows but some aren't in the same position as you and you fail to realise this. For all I care you can roll over in a ditch and die. I have kept things very filtered compared to what is in my head about you so please, just leave me alone, and I will do the same to you.

All in all I got very little help, but thanks much to those that did. For those that are freaking out about this at least I admitted to all this 'stealing' and didn't try to cover it up, at all. I'm glad to see that people don't support theft and all but this is very borderline and you act as though I stole $100,000 from an orphanage. Ease up a bit it will do us all some good.

Last edited:

SirKenin

banned
lowcar.. whether you plan on buying it or not isn't the issue. You don't ask for help with stolen software. I can't believe you would have that kind of nerve.

Second, I can't afford a down payment on a free lunch. My car is sitting next to me with a bunch of garbage on it. I live under a highway overpass with wireless internet. I tried going to the foodbank for lunch but I couldn't afford the admission charge. My hands walked out on me because I was abusing them and not paying them (get your mind out of the gutter, damnit. lol).

Sooo.

Despite all that I still own my copy of Windows (ok, Microsoft gave it to me, but that's not the point). I still own my copy of Windows 2000 Server (ok, a client gave it to me, but so what). I still own my copy of Office (yes, Microsoft gave me that too). I buy cool software at the pawn shop. I get stuff given to me. I don't use Kazaa, Bearshare or whatever.

What I'm saying is that where there's a will there's a way. There is no excuse. If you can't afford to run your computer, don't have the nerve to go crying for help. That's insane. Sorry man.

please leave this thread

I know you didn't say this to me, but as that is your general opinion, I will assume it to apply to me as well...and say "as you wish".

Good luck with your quest. :)

bball4life

Well you didn't pay for your stuff either so don't tell me I have to pay for mine, even though I am.
No but his stuff is legal, its not really a matter of paying for it, its more of having a legel and genuine copy. Its not like piracy is a minor offence anymore.

lowcar100

My internet is legal and he was saying I stole it, my windows is going to be legal in less than 24 hours. Forget fixing the pc in time, but does anyone know what happened? So I can gain some knowledge from all this?

mrjack

VIP Member
his neighbors said he could use their internet.

Yes, but it's probably against his neighbours contract with his ISP. Very rarely does an ISP have it stated in the "default" contract that you can share your internet connection with someone who doesn't live in the same building or apartment. Usually you have to make a special contract with them.

lowcar100

I use the AVG free edition, it was working fine until I installed the game and started trying to make it work but maybe one of the things I tried made AVG act up..