Keyboard has began eating through batteries

The VCR King

I have had a Logitech K350 for years now, and starting a few months ago it's consuming batteries at an alarming rate. I have to put new AA's in it almost once a week or the battery warning comes on. What gives?

The VCR King

Probabaly just getting old and worn out, they don't last forever.
I have old wired keyboards laying around so it isn't an emergency. I have had my K350 for a ~3 years now and it gets a lot of use and abuse (Around two hours of gaming daily, and the arrow keys are beginning to stick)

Intel_man

VIP Member
I have had a Logitech K350 for years now, and starting a few months ago it's consuming batteries at an alarming rate. I have to put new AA's in it almost once a week or the battery warning comes on. What gives?
Well.. there's your first problem. Logitech isn't who they use to be when it comes to product QC and reliability.

Intel_man

VIP Member
@Intel_man do you HAVE TO criticize EVERYTHING?!
nodding.gif

beers

Staff member
(Around two hours of gaming daily, and the arrow keys are beginning to stick)
Sticking keys are probably your culprit.

Use wasd instead of arrows for gaming.

I still use a k350 but it's at least five years old now, only replaced the batteries a couple of times.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Need for Speed probably needs a game controller in this case. I mean if you didn't mind paying $20 a month for dial up, you can most certainly buy an xbox 360 controller for like $20.

Any other more realistic racing games, you're probably better off with a wheel setup.

Laquer Head

This is gonna sound strange, but in GTAV for example, I use an xbox controller, but my right hand on the mouse for shooting...

Darren

Staff member
This is gonna sound strange, but in GTAV for example, I use an xbox controller, but my right hand on the mouse for shooting...
As you should. I've gotten pretty adept at dropping my controller in my lap and switching to keyboard/mouse to shoot when needed. I've also learned how to drive with WASD and shoot with the mouse. I'm actually pretty good at it too and gotten good at sniping people while driving.

@OP, A wired keyboard probably isn't a bad idea to get at some point. Less latency, doesn't chew through batteries.

Clean your keyboard with rubbing alcohol.

Darren

Staff member
Or... a mechanical keyboard would work. They should last longer than the rubber dome stuff.
Dem's expensive.

My Sidewinder X4 is rubber dome and lasted longer than any of my friend's Mechanical keyboards. I think I've had it for 3-4 years now and still chugging along beautifully. I also type really friggin' hard and use it more than they ever did. That said when I replace it I'll go mechanical, but don't feel the need until it dies.

It even survived me spilling.... "water".... on it.

Geoff

VIP Member
Older wireless keyboards aren't as efficient as new ones, I think it's time you look at getting a newer wireless keyboard.

The VCR King

Older wireless keyboards aren't as efficient as new ones, I think it's time you look at getting a newer wireless keyboard.
I'm looking into a Corsair Strafe because I'm getting more into PC gaming (4 hours average/day because of summer vacation) so I'm looking into a real gaming keyboard.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I tried to avoid the corsair keyboards after my first one. Especially with people who owns the K70 right now having a bunch of LED issues.

Outside of that, what kind of gaming do you mostly do? FPS or RTS style games? That usually dictates what you should be looking at when it comes to all the different types of switches available on mechanical keyboards.