keyboard keys are swapped places

Hi

my keys in the keyboard are swapped places?

">" and "?"

I checked the language settings in the control panel , the location, copy settings to welcome screen and new user account.

change the keyboard from US to UK

Plz, any help

Benvh89

Hi,

when you type, does the right language show in your language bar? totally to the right down your screen?

An option is to delete the languages you don't need at all in order to prevent them from swapping automatically.

yes, it shows the language I found one unwanted and I removed it but not solved the problem.

After any changes I made restart , copy settings to welcome screen and new user account.

but nothing changed the issue is still

Last edited:

Benvh89

hmm that's weird.

Can you give some details

what OS are you using?
is it an external keyboard or laptop keyboard?
Is this a new device?

Benvh89

okay well this should be a language setting problem.

If it's not new, when did it start happening? You never had this before?

Is this a UK or US factory keyboard?

Have you checked the drivers / troubleshoot?

It's not easy to help with this .. but could you maybe add a screenshot from your keyboard language settings?

Keyboard layout is different between US and UK.

Which keyboard layout have you got?

keyboard layout in control panel it is US layout then I changed it to UK, in both cases the issue was not solved. Even in the other language both keys are swapped.

okay well this should be a language setting problem.

If it's not new, when did it start happening? You never had this before?

Yes it is not new, I'm not sure when started happening; this happened with the new employee device. This issue is only in this device no body else complained.

Is this a UK or US factory keyboard?
How to know that?

Have you checked the drivers / troubleshoot?
Yes I tried to make update driver, nothing wrong with it. Checking device manager; I found two drivers for the keyboard I tried to uninstall one after restart I found it is installed again!

It's not easy to help with this .. but could you maybe add a screenshot from your keyboard language settings?

I checked keyboard language settings and mentioned in the previous post.

Thank you for your help

Last edited:

Benvh89

are you talking about work related device?

I'm just trying to get a clear view on your situation here.

well, idk, depends where you bought this item. But as you say that it did not happen with another device.. the problem does not come from your keyboard but from the pc settings.

I ran a bit out of idea's on this one. sorry!

Hope you can solve it anyways!

Last edited:
are you talking about work related device?

Yes

I'm just trying to get a clear view on your situation here.

well, idk, depends where you bought this item. But as you say that it did not happen with another device.. the problem does not come from your keyboard but from the pc settings.

Yes, but we have different keyboards, these Items and desktops are not come at one time.

I ran a bit out of idea's on this one. sorry!
:(
Hope you can solve it anyways!

Any way I'm thankful :good:

Benvh89

Have you asked the IT department of your work? Maybe they are familiar with this issue regarding keyboard / device / language issues.

Maybe there are settings you cannot change? But IT can?

Normally, what you did should help.. but it seems it didn't.. yet o_O

Have you asked the IT department of your work? Maybe they are familiar with this issue regarding keyboard / device / language issues.

I'm the IT :D:D

Maybe there are settings you cannot change? But IT can?

Yes, you are right but the settings in language, region , location , locale , add keyboard, default input language , copy settings all under my user account permission.

Normally, what you did should help.. but it seems it didn't.. yet o_O
yes :confused:

thank you :)