Keyboard problem

ILLZ

Hi all, I'm having a problem with my keyboard. The computer is a Compaq Presario 900. The 4, 5, r, t, f, g, v, and b keys aren't working properly. Sometimes I'll have to push on them EXTREMELY hard to get them to register. Sometimes they won't register at all. The strange thing is, they will occasionally right themselves, and they'll all work like brand new. The problem is definitely area specific, because either none of them will work, or they all will. For instance, right now, they're all fine, but in 10 minutes they won't be. It's rather strange. Is this a common problem? Is there anything I can do? I know the computer is old and crappy to begin with, but I don't have money for a new one at this time. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

ILLZ

UPDATE - If I close the laptop and shake it semi-hard back and forth it temporarily fixes the problem everytime...

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
I would say that there is a dodgy connectio somewhere, open it up and take a look at all the obvious cables. But it might not be a cable it might be just wear and tear and it is finally dying a long slow painful death.