Kick out of this

Bigshow1030

I know you guys are going to love this but I am trying to find out if there is any way that i can control my christmas lights to come on by a computer command, I would really love to hear your guys thought and suggestions on this :p

stalex111

Wow! Christmas lights????? Hey, man, its March!
Do you mean controlling the lights with like, windows or with a button on the side of your keyboard or something?

Yeti

VIP Member
Crap, I saw something a few months back (around Christmas maybe :p) that I think is exactly what your asking about... I just can't remember where... it must have been on another forum. Well, I'll look a bit, but so you know there is a way to do it.

p4r4s1t3

I'm sure if we can beam real-time video feeds of ourselves across the pacific ocean in seconds, there is a way to do that..lol.

Yeti

VIP Member
I'm sure if we can beam real-time video feeds of ourselves across the pacific ocean in seconds, there is a way to do that..lol.
Well, of course we can do it. Heck, I could put some of my National Instruments lab equipment together with a power supply and some wiring and write a LabView program that would do it.... but that would cost an insane amount of money and it would be a waste of that equipment :p

Bigshow1030

lol

what I am wanting to do is to have the computer control when the christmas lights come on and so fourth.....I know it is way out there but I figured I would ask yall and see what we could come up with :)

p4r4s1t3

Yeti said:
Well, of course we can do it. Heck, I could put some of my National Instruments lab equipment together with a power supply and some wiring and write a LabView program that would do it.... but that would cost an insane amount of money and it would be a waste of that equipment :p

Lol, I think the question we need to ask is....Why would we want to do it. :confused:

tweaker

VIP Member
hoe hoe hoe
biggrinsanta.gif

Bigshow1030

to be honest

me and about 10-15 guys around the neighborhood always have a christmas light competition and I really wanted to have the upper hand on them this year :p