Knoppix vs Windows

SFR

Truth fears no questions
robina_80 said:
what is Knoppix?
lol

I wish sometimes people would take 4.5 seconds and open a new browser window and type www.google.com. All they would have to do is type Knoppix and walla! ...well I needed a little laugh this morning.. so nvm.

Pyotr

Praetor said:
From a end user perspective, prolly Knoppix, from a developer perspective, Windows.[/url]
That's interesting. I thought Linux in general was more stable and also more secure. In general. :p
How is Windows better for development?

boombaby

You do not have to go to linux.about.com you can just go to knoppix.net, download a copy if you like, I have been dual booting for some time now and I thought It would be good to make a decision

It is 700 MB, you would want to have a fast internet connection

Last edited:

Verrona

I wud say that Knoppix was better for beginners starting out with Linux. The most reliable wud be Linux (prob any distros).

Secure - Gotta b Linux again!!!

wizzard489

i would say knopix is more stable, but i have never used it so i cant say for sure. as a general rule, linux distros dont freeze 1/10th that of a windows system. i personaly use xandros. its a modified debian. only 600 mb. runs liquid smooth even on slow computers. i ran it on a 600mhz pentium3 and it was lightning fast. i was amazed, so i had to put it on my other system. plus, i have never, not once had it freeze on me. just my 2 cents tho. theres the obvious software compatibility problems, but if ur asking, you already know that. good luck