Kodak touch m5370

bigrich0086

Bought this Camera back in Janurary. Worked fine right out of the box.

But now when ever i connect it to the computer, It will says driver failed, or device on usb hub malfunctioned. I can not find a driver for this so windows will pick it up.

Its like the driver is no longer on the camera for plug n play. I have to charge it via the USB - AC adapter, and then take out the memory card each time to upload pics. And its a PITA since camera takes MicroSD.

I just want to be able to plug it into computer and charge it that way and upload pics as well.

Ive reset camera, reformatted it as well though settings, but didnt matter

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
It's probably an issue with your Windows installation. How does the camera work with another computer?

bigrich0086

It's probably an issue with your Windows installation. How does the camera work with another computer?

Ive tried 3 different windows 7 machines. Its supposed to be plug and play. It worked the day i got camera, then now no computer will detect it at all.

I have to manually take out the Memory card and use the reader on computer to upload pics

mihir

VIP Member
Weird then it shouldn't have lost the plug n play capability.
Not sure about the camera but this is not supposed to happen (only from my experience with sony products). Because my PSP and Sony camera both had appropriate files and folders after they were formatted from their in device tools.

bigrich0086

Weird then it shouldn't have lost the plug n play capability.
Not sure about the camera but this is not supposed to happen (only from my experience with sony products). Because my PSP and Sony camera both had appropriate files and folders after they were formatted from their in device tools.

Yea, i have a older camera from Kodak that never had problems with plug n play at all.

In settings i can have it set to use kodak software or Other computer setting. Either or dont matter.

I installed newest version of Kodak easyshare program but that didnt come with driver