lag after new cpu

Bill16857

just upgraded my motherboard, cpu and ram to the ones listed below. Playing some cod and i'm getting and annpyiong bit of lag, this didnt happen with my last components which was a duel core cpu and 2gb of ram i dont understannddd

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Did you reinstall windows? If not, most likely thats your problem. Unless the motherboards had the same chipset, you would run into problems like this.

claptonman

Another problem is your video card might be bottle-necking your system. It is a little older card compared to everything else you upgraded.

mihir

VIP Member
Another problem is your video card might be bottle-necking your system. It is a little older card compared to everything else you upgraded.

just upgraded my motherboard, cpu and ram to the ones listed below. Playing some cod and i'm getting and annpyiong bit of lag, this didnt happen with my last components which was a duel core cpu and 2gb of ram i dont understannddd

;).

Try doing a fresh install of windows and install the latest BIOS update and also install all the chipset drivers.

jonnyp11

said this in another forum, but when i hit the lag, i hit the task manager and up the game priority and it fixes this, but i'm on a crap gpu and cpu, but if it helps then it save hours doing that stuff.

claptonman

;).

Try doing a fresh install of windows and install the latest BIOS update and also install all the chipset drivers.

Whoops. You got me.

It's always a good idea to do a reinstall of windows after any new components. I would even do it with a new CPU, but I have OCD so that not may apply to you...

Last edited:

Bill16857

i did do a fresh install of windows after installing the components havent tried updating the BIOS i'll try that and see if that fixes anything

Bill16857

Yeah mate i have tried that shame it didnt work would have been alot easier haha thanks for the help

mihir

VIP Member
How much memory is being used while playing the game and also what is the CPU usage at while playing?

Most probably it is a software issue.

Bill16857

ah about 1.8gb and my cpu usage is about 28 - 30%. I have high latency issues with my audio especially when i play music and scroll through my songs at the same time could this be related?

jonnyp11

idk how or if you can, otherwise buy or borrow some, but could try lower speed ram or something that is factory supported by cpu to get that out of the way as a cause.

2048Megabytes

You may want to try removing the heatsink, cleaning off the processor and then removing the processor from the socket. Check to see if any pins are bent. If none are misaligned place the processor back in the socket, re-apply a small amount of thermal paste and remount the heatsink. I do not know if that will do anything but it is worth a try.

Bill16857

well they are brand new components so they are as clean as they are gonna get but i did check the pins and all seem to be in order. Still getting that bit of lag in COD i'm going to investigate the high latency issues with my sound as thats the only thing that i can think of that may cause this

jonnyp11

have you tried closing all background things running in task manager that won't crash ur system and bumping priority then run it.

2048Megabytes

You may want to try running Memtest86+ on the system for several hours to test your components. If any errors are found it is likely your RAM, motherboard and/or your hard drive are defective.