Laptop and Desktop Raid0

arier38

My boss has real issues with needing both a laptop and a desktop. The problem is that she needs them to be exactly the same computer.

What software is out there that will allow her to have the same exact computer on both the laptop and desktop?

Would it be possible to run HDD or even a SSD in a removable drive bay in the laptop that would then plug into the desktop when she is using the desktop?

Any ideas comment and/or suggestions are appreciated.

Gary1

Could a laptop docking station work? or does it have to be 2 computers? The docking station could save her some cash.

arier38

Could a laptop docking station work? or does it have to be 2 computers? The docking station could save her some cash.

She is currently working with a docking station and it just is not enough power for the things that she is running in the office while she is here. The biggest problem i think might now be the processing power of the laptop but the actual graphics card. She runs a large monitor of the docking station.

She is running windows 7 and multiple programs including accounting software office programs etc all at once and the computer just gets bogged down and slow.

arier38

I think your going to have to tell her to upgrade computers. What does she have now? A fresh install of windows will help too. Do a backup prior. Installing more RAM will help but you will not be able to upgrade Garphics cards, and if you could it would not be a lot of help.

She currently has a toshiba tablet that has a 2.8gigahertz intel core2 duo and 4 gig RAM

thanks