Laptop As a desktop

tobywuk

I am dyslexic and in two weeks I may have the possibility of having a free computer. Im going to push for an Apple macbook pro or a dell desktop computer.

At the moment I have a 3 yr old desktop computer with 2 monitors as my main computer and I have a newish black apple macbook as my laptop.

Out of my two choices, the macbook pro is the more expensive machine and Im thinking of getting this one over the dell, but the only thing is I have a macbook (not a pro) and my desktop is the oldest bit of kit which is still my main computer.

What is a laptop like to live with as a desktop computer as this is what im thinking of doing. When at home i would plug it in to one of my tft screens, keyboad and laptop but i have only ever been used to using a desktop at home and a laptop when im out and about.

Im at university and I dont play games, i have my xbox for that. It would be convenient to have my main computer portable because at the moment i only ever take my macbook everywhere with me and thies does not have all my data on it.

CharmPeddler

i use the Lappy in my sig as a Tower only. i wish i had gotten the smaller 15" version so it would be easier to lug around. its really not that bad disconnecting all the wires and reconnecting then each time.

sense you do not game on your pc i would for sure suggest the Macbook pro. it would have much better battery life and portability functionality. my wife has a macbook pro (17") that she carries around the house with here all day, everyday.
u can also do a dual boot with xp if ya need anything from the pc side.

i know that if i ever get another Lappy, it will be a mac.

also, just wondering, how does having dislexia affect anything in this post?(not being rude, just wondering if maybe a symptom or problem MIGHT sway your choice?)

tobywuk

it dosent sway my choice I was just explaining my situation in selecting a free device.

Im quite familier with apple as i already have a macbook that is a great device :)

CharmPeddler

ok, i was thinking it might be something like that. well im glad to hear that you are getting help like that. i know from personal experiance that it helps ALOT.

but ya. i would def go for the Mac. they are just easier to use and like i said, being able to dual boot is for sure a nice feature. Good Luck on wich ever way you go.