Laptop Charger disconnect/reconnect itself

Shine Htet Aung

I'm using ASUS laptop and now I'm facing the problem that my laptop charging is disconnect and reconnect itself. I've two laptop charger. So I tried with those two and still facing. It only happens while using laptop and charging is good while laptop turned off. It does disconnect and doesn't reconnect while I'm using too long. Advice me what to do friends.

beers

Staff member
Does it change when you wiggle the charger in the port? A lot of times people will damage the DC jack on the laptop and it leads to erratic charging behavior

Shine Htet Aung

Does it change when you wiggle the charger in the port? A lot of times people will damage the DC jack on the laptop and it leads to erratic charging behavior
Nopes It won't happen. disconnect/reconnect is happening regularly. but without touching that charging stop to a few minutes. i unplug and that plug-in and charging happening 2 times and then not charging.

Attachments

• pluginnotcharging.PNG
    pluginnotcharging.PNG
    29.5 KB · Views: 4

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If its plugged in and not charging then could be a few things.

1. not right power charger - came across this about a couple months ago
2. Charging port is bad
3. Motherboard is bad

Darren

Staff member
If its plugged in and not charging then could be a few things.

1. not right power charger - came across this about a couple months ago
2. Charging port is bad
3. Motherboard is bad

Bad battery is just as suspect too, more so than motherboard IMO.

The fact that it charges fine when it's off makes me think it's not supplying enough power or the battery is going bad. If the battery is removable, does it work with the battery out and just hooked up to the charger? It should.