Laptop Communication Issue

Klue22

Hello there...

I am in the process of setting up my home network and i am having some issues getting my two laptops to communicate with the rest of the computers, i cant see the shared files or printers. i have two desktops though that talk to each other fine and can share files and such, however none of the computers are able to access either of the laptops, and vice versa, sometimes they cant even see them on network places. the two desktops are connected to the wireless router via PCI wifi cards. on one laptop i have created a bridge connection between the wireless card and the ethernet, then i have connected the ethernet to a switch, and the other laptop to the switch. In doing this i have been able to have the internet on both laptops without problems.
also, firewalls and/or antivirus is not the problem, i have disabled everything and still no dice...
---also, all computers can successfully ping each other as well as the router, they all have IPs with the format 192.168.1.1xx, so they should all be on the same network.

any thoughts?

Last edited:

Klue22

yes, on my main desktop comp i can see all the computers listed under "Workgroup computers" in network places, however when i click one, it cant access the two laptops, only the other desktop.

Klue22

yes both should be setup as far as i know, i have tried to have the settings be as close to those of the desktops as possible