Laptop Computer between $200 and $350

nhoj

I am helping a friend to get the best deal on a Laptop and she does not want a HP and I am not sure about ASUS Laptops they could be a very good Laptop.
I was hoping that Toshiba would have one in this price range.
She would like one that is around 14 or 15 inch. She likes to watch movies and TV on it, she does not play any games.
I have told her that I have a DELL but I feel that their cases are not built as strong as the Toshiba.
To get the best deal: 500GB hard drive, Touchscreen, and anything else that you can get the deal deal on.
John

She does not want a Refurbished Laptops

If we went up to $500.00 I would like to get a Toshiba and if not which would be the next best one.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Really don't want a touchscreen as its very expensive to replace a cracked screen.

Darren

Staff member
Really don't want a touchscreen as its very expensive to replace a cracked screen.
Depends on the touchscreen. Some that don't have glass over them aren't a whole lot more than a normal LCD. But yeah if you've got glass have fun paying to fix it if you happen to break it. If you use/need the touch screen enough it can be the risk.

Look at Asus, Dell, or Acer in that price range. Cheap HP's suck and I see their motherboards die frequently. Toshiba's are usually lower quality and degrade quickly but also cheap.

nhoj

Question: I would like to know which one out of the 3 Laptops would you seriously consider buying ASUS , ACER and LENOVO with the a budget od $450.00 and try to stay between $350.00 and $450.00?

Now to get the best quality for your dollar watch Laptop would fall into this range? She does not want HP.

ASUS, DELL, ACUS, Toshiba and LENOVO. I know nothing about the LENOVO.

Is a touchscreen worth the money and are you cutting yourself short by getting one when you could get a better one with it? Remember she does not play games on it, watch TV, Email, Movies no high tech stiff.

With this said which would be her best deal for her.

Darren

Staff member