Laptop DDR2 533 vs 667 - Please Help

uzmarvel

Hi everyone,

I wanted to replace my LAPTOP Ram and I have DDR2 SDRAM 533. Can I buy DDR2 SDRAM 667 and replace those old ones. Am I gonna have any problem or is it just fine?

Thanks guys.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
You shouldn't have any problem; even if the laptop can't support DDR2-667, the sticks should be automatically clocked down to 533.

Are you replacing the existing sticks with bigger ones? Because simply replacing the old memory with faster memory is not going to give you any performance gains - the amount of memory is much more important than the speed.

spamdos

You shouldn't have any problem; even if the laptop can't support DDR2-667, the sticks should be automatically clocked down to 533.

Are you replacing the existing sticks with bigger ones? Because simply replacing the old memory with faster memory is not going to give you any performance gains - the amount of memory is much more important than the speed.

especially when all your laptop will probably do is clock the speeds down to those of the original ram. no performance gain whatsoever in that case.