Laptop Decision...

MatrixEVO

Does anybody have any ideas of where to get a laptop? I want to use it for school needs, gaming, Photoshop CS2, CAD (AutoCAD 05 or 06), and as my only computer. My budget (not including shipping) is about $1,300 USD.

MatrixEVO

I didn't say I wouldn't bring it around, I just meant that I can handle any laptop, like a zd8000 from HP, which is huge. It doesn't matter to me. The reason I want a laptop is cause I want to be able to do things outside of my room, cause I'm not in it all the time.

alanuofm

VIP Member
MatrixEVO said:
I didn't say I wouldn't bring it around, I just meant that I can handle any laptop, like a zd8000 from HP, which is huge. It doesn't matter to me. The reason I want a laptop is cause I want to be able to do things outside of my room, cause I'm not in it all the time.

Toshiba Satellite M50-S418TD - Laptop Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 [1.73GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB], Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition SP2, Peacock Blue, 512MB PC2700 DDR 333MHz SDRAM (256MBx2), 14" Diagonal Wide-screen XGA display with High Brightness (1280x768), ATI® RADEON® X600 SE PCI-E x16 with 128MB DDR SDRAM, 60GB HDD (5400rpm), DVD/CD-RW multifunction drive, Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200BG (802.11b/g), harman/kardon® stereo speakers, Lithium Ion Battery (12-Cell, 8600 mAh), 1-year Standard Limited Warranty,

$1,303.90

that will be highly portable and give you the performance you need for games. what games do you play anyways?

MatrixEVO

I play Halo, Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Far Cry, UT 2004, ect. What about the HP Pavilion zd8000? Right now it has some really good deals, including a free upgrade to the x600 256MB video instead of the 128MB video.

MatrixEVO

About 50 people have viewed this as I post this post, and only alanuofm has responded? Doesn't anybody else have some suggestions? I like to have a variety of opinions.

alanuofm

VIP Member
MatrixEVO said:
About 50 people have viewed this as I post this post, and only alanuofm has responded? Doesn't anybody else have some suggestions? I like to have a variety of opinions.

some people don't have the time to go to a site and configure something and then think about if its good or not. me on the other hand, i'm getting sick of programming for my stupid a$$ class so i come here to burn some time.

X24

that toshiba does look nice, oh, and that Z8000, idk if i'd go with it, battery life will really be a plus with that toshiba, and it offers the same preformance about.

MatrixEVO

What about the laptops from IBuyPower.com? Does the 9700 PRO work well in laptops? What about compared to x600?

X24

i was looking at those before i looked at the I9300, and i like them, cyberpowersystem.com has cheaper ones that are the same i believe though, look at the intel widescreen gaming like 2nd from the bottom on cyberpower