Laptop for kids school under $500

Jerry8989

Hello,

I need some advice on this laptop I'm looking to buy for my kids school.
Subtotal $849.00
Discount (40% off items $499 & up (excl. Clearance) - FALL2020DEAL) -$339.60
Shipping & Handling (Shipping Method - Standard) $0.00
Tax $30.56

Total: $539.96

She needs it for zoom calls and home work. Most laptops under $500 I've see have 4GB of ram and small screens. Is this a deal or is this not worth the price?

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

I updated the link and information to a different laptop. They sold out of the other ones. Thank you

Last edited:

Kennito

This one looks pretty decent. And their tasks (zoom & homework) are not so resource-intensive. So I guess this machine will suffice.
Though on the flip side, you said they are kids, they will definitely want to play some games on it. They will feel frustrated when PUBG, Fortnite, and GTA 5 won't play on that. That is where peer pressure comes in :)

If you can raise our budget to $700 - $800, you can get one that can not only work but also play!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That link doesn't work. I wouldn't get a laptop without a minimum of 8gb of ram and an SSD since their cpu's tend to be slower then their desktop counterparts.

Jerry8989

I updated the original post with a newer link. The last one sold out. This will only be for school. He has xbox for the gaming.
I wish I could spend more, but the boss said no more then $500. I'm trying to slip this one by her.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That unit should work okay. its a dual core 4 thread cpu but with 16gb of ram and an SSD, it should be somewhat decent.

Jerry8989

Thank you every for your help. It looks like they sold out of them as well. Any suggestions on something around $500 that will be good for a student?