Laptop Gaming problem.

dmw2692004

I use the laptop in my sig as a desktop replacement and have it hooked up to a 19" samgsung LCD monitor when im not on the road.

When i am on the road and at a hotel, or at my lakehouse i would like to game on my 15.4inch laptop monitor. The problem is, when i try to game on my 15.4 inch monitor the screen just flickers and nothing happens. Some games pop up and say that i need new direct X drivers, and when i upgrade my direct X drivers it doesnt help.

Does anyone know how to fix this. Im using the laptop in my sig.

Thanks

Dmw.

dmw2692004

gdehmlow

Can you take us a screen shot of this flickering also? Does the laptop screen normally work outside of games? You are saying you can't game on the your laptop screen, but an external one right?

dmw2692004

Can you take us a screen shot of this flickering also? Does the laptop screen normally work outside of games? You are saying you can't game on the your laptop screen, but an external one right?

The laptop screen works for everything except gaming.

Games only work on my external monitor and not on the laptop screen.

Here is a SC of my setup for referance:
DSCN2008.jpg

gdehmlow

Have you tried right clicking on your desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced > Monitor and changing the refresh rate?

elitehacker

I think I know what your flickering it, I think its to do with the graphics card. I have a MX440 on a LCD and everything I set my resolution to 1024x768 it flickers, have you tried changing the screen resolution and see if that will help?

macnoob

uh yeah i had oblivion on my step moms pc and it flickered(and it would go all white too) because the graphics card wasnt right for it so maybe you cant play the game you want to play