laptop harddrive?

computerhakk

VIP Member
hey guys.. i was wandering if it is possible to upgrade my laptop harddrive? i have a 100 gig... i looked through the manual but it didn't have anything related to this.. but its specs.. how would i go about doing so if i can?

i have a toshiba satellite M45-S351

ckfordy

banned
computerhakk said:
hey guys.. i was wandering if it is possible to upgrade my laptop harddrive? i have a 100 gig... i looked through the manual but it didn't have anything related to this.. but its specs.. how would i go about doing so if i can?

i have a toshiba satellite M45-S351

yes you should be able to replace it go find a place that sells them or see if toshiba has one or if they dont aks them if you can replace them and where you can get them but they might be kinda pricy i dont know though

computerhakk

VIP Member
hey thanks for the reply.. the thing is i dont know wut the hek kinda hard drive it has.. i went on its manufacture site and wasn't able to find any information about it... i serached on another site.. n this was what it gave me..

Hard Drive Capacity: 100 GB
Hard Drive Interface Type: (what's this?) IDE / EIDE
Hard Drive Type: (what's this?) Portable

how do i knoe which one it would support since there seems to be a variety

alanuofm

VIP Member
computerhakk said:
hey thanks for the reply.. the thing is i dont know wut the hek kinda hard drive it has.. i went on its manufacture site and wasn't able to find any information about it... i serached on another site.. n this was what it gave me..

Hard Drive Capacity: 100 GB
Hard Drive Interface Type: (what's this?) IDE / EIDE
Hard Drive Type: (what's this?) Portable

how do i knoe which one it would support since there seems to be a variety

go to www.lavalys.com and download everest home edition. run that. then go to storage and windows storage. it will tell you everything you need to know there. post back.

tolkein

That's standard laptop hdd specs. May I ask why are you planning to upgrade since you already have a good enough hdd? Rotation speed isn't all that matters - a 100GB 5400rpm is about equal to 60GB 7200rpm because of it's higher density. The other important factor's the buffer size - 8MB is plenty big.

alanuofm

VIP Member
tolkein said:
That's standard laptop hdd specs. May I ask why are you planning to upgrade since you already have a good enough hdd? Rotation speed isn't all that matters - a 100GB 5400rpm is about equal to 60GB 7200rpm because of it's higher density. The other important factor's the buffer size - 8MB is plenty big.

that is true but also look at the average seek time.