Laptop Heat!

Bendy5150

Hi,

Can anyone suggest something that can cool my laptop??... I use my laptop a lot on the move so I am looking for something that is mobile... My poor lap and laptop are getting too hot!

Cheers
Bendy

mikejr

Use a laptop pad - you can find them at best buy. Laptops aren't meant to be used on your "lap", or a car seat, or anything else that isn't hard and flat. On many, the CPU exhaust fans are actually on the bottom.

Some laptop pads actually have little fans built into them - allowing them to more effectively cool the laptop.

alanuofm

VIP Member
Bendy5150 said:
Hi,

Can anyone suggest something that can cool my laptop??... I use my laptop a lot on the move so I am looking for something that is mobile... My poor lap and laptop are getting too hot!

Cheers
Bendy

get a laptop cooler at a retailer. if you block the fans it will get hot. plus if it gets too hot it'll kill your sperm if you're a guy and can cause premature erectile dysfunction.

boots_4SW

alanuofm said:
get a laptop cooler at a retailer. if you block the fans it will get hot. plus if it gets too hot it'll kill your sperm if you're a guy and can cause premature erectile dysfunction.

LMAO! wow I have never herd of that and I know now :p.

boots_4SW

Oh I ment that I didn't know the heat could did u know that if u have a laptop sitting on ur lap and if it gets too hot it'll kill your sperm if you're a guy and can cause premature erectile dysfunction. I knew about the pads though...I might need to consider one for when I travel.

alanuofm

VIP Member
boots_4SW said:
Oh I ment that I didn't know the heat could did u know that if u have a laptop sitting on ur lap and if it gets too hot it'll kill your sperm if you're a guy and can cause premature erectile dysfunction. I knew about the pads though...I might need to consider one for when I travel.

hehe there was a news thingy on that. thats why guys shouldnt be in hot tubs for prolonged periods of time.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I have a laptop cooler if anyone's intersted. I got it for my old laptop, but it didn't do a good job cooling it. The problem was the fan on the laptop was running constantly, and would be working aginst the cooling pad. If your laptop fan runs all the time, or a good bit, a cooling pad probably won't help you too much...

Now my dad had an older PIII 850 laptop, and when he tried the pad, he said his fan never kicked in...

seifer64

heat hurts

if u want a cheap solution 2 your heat problem i suggest a notebook cooling pad. my brother has a area51 700 series Alien w/ a P4 and he resorted 2 proping it up w/ 2 packs of romen noodles.....i convinced him 2 buy a cooling pad and hes never had a problem. The answer is Wal-Mart, they sell a Targus cooling pad (USB powered) 4 about 25 bucks. Keep cool!

kof2000

there are things call laptop cooling pads or something that you place your lappy ontop and there are fans blowing and sucking to cool it down.