Laptop Issues!

tunafish

In another thread i asked if my work (old laptop, now mine to keep :) can be rebooted to take off all the work settings and allow me full access to it to use how i wish.

My query was answered...i have been told i can. The laptop currently has xp tablet edition on it. I do not have any copies of the software as it was originally from work...going back 2.5 years now. Anyway i have windows 98 for my home comp...can i install this on it...as in reboot with this?

Also....im assuming if i reboot i will lose all the funky features that allow me to use the blue tooth etc? where will i get them from.

can i download seperate bluetooth utils onto the win98 to use with the comp...bluetooth is essential for my wireless network!

thanks...

Tunafish

Super_Nova

Windows 98 will install, but your best bet is going to be contacting the manufacturer to get the original OS/Restore disks. I seriously doubt Windows 98 has all the correct drivers to make the laptop work 100%.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Super_Nova said:
Windows 98 will install, but your best bet is going to be contacting the manufacturer to get the original OS/Restore disks. I seriously doubt Windows 98 has all the correct drivers to make the laptop work 100%.
even windowsXP with its driver cache doesn't have everything necessary to get all the devices on a laptop running. generally you can get the keyboard and mouse support working and then you are left to go through the manufacturer website and sift through all the crap their to find the drivers to get everythig working. also, 9/10 times you wont have a lan driver in a win98 install for your laptops integrated ethernet port

boombaby

I am quite doubtful that you will be able to install 98 on a tablet PC, You may need to make some major OS adjustments