Laptop just went out

I was just browsing fine a few moments ago and the laptop gave me a blue screen n just shut down. I power back on but my screen stays black

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you remember what the blue screen said? was there a filename listed or code?

biscuits

To my knowledge the blue screen crash is caused by a critical error usually a memory dump and in your case since the laptop isn't turing on I think it may be a hard drive/motherboard failure. I'd advise letting it rest and try to turn in on after 5 hours if this doesn't work your beest chance would be taking it to a computer store tech

OxfordPCRepairs

I appreciate you cannot see anything on screen but do the fans start is the hardrive indicator flickering , can you hear anything , if you can and you have an external monitor on another PC plug it into laptop and see if anything appears on that screen , if you have nothing at all power wise ,try the following

unplug power adapter , remove battery wait 10 mins , after 10 mins keep your finger on the power button , then put in battery then power adapter and try again

Would be good to give a reply back here eh? I do apoligize about that and thank you for the replies. Long story short, it was a issue with my memory.

One of the RAM sticks went bad so my instructor at class gave me one that he had laying around. The system is back up!