Laptop messed up can someone help?

blahblah900

I have a dell inspiron 6000 for about 2 years plus already. However, suddenly my laptop is doing some crazy things. Right now, whenever i move the left and right clicking things and my touchpad... not sure if thats what its called, it keeps on clicking like crazy. I cant even click on anything b/c it seems like it keeps right clicking.

Even if i use a mouse, the problem is still there. I can move the mouse but imagine it keeps on right clicking every single time you move the mouse. I am not sure what is wrong with my computer. I have reformatted it and still it is like this. I think i had some water on the pad a while ago which is why it acts like this???

Can anyone help? Does anyone know what i am talking about here? Basically it keeps on right clicking my itself.

bairnsangs

Hi blah

It sounds like the water you got on your touchpad has screwed it. You will almost certainly have to replace the touchpad. If its out of warranty dont bother contacting dell. They will definately rip you off. Take it to a local technician/repair guy. Its not too hard to change. If you feel up to it you can buy spare touchpads online, download a service manual for your laptop, follow the instructions and replace it yourself.

If you do choose to do it yourself just make sure you use an antistatic wrist strap connected to something metal before you take it to pieces. Also make sure you remove the battery, then press the power button to ground the mainboard.

Let me know how you get on mate!

bs

cohen

Now you say that a normal mouse does it, it could be a driver problem, or an OS or a virus.

How recently did this start happening???