laptop needed for college

bomberboysk

I think we have gone over this before, PC laptops as a general rule do not have as high end screens as Apples. Apple laptops all have IPS supported screens. Look at any high end designer (regardless of app be it CS4, CAD,3D rendering, etc) all of them rave about IPS screens.

I think you went a bit far on the 3D rendering, i was helping a guy i know for about 3 hours convincing him that IPS was the way to go(with one of the 24" dell displays),and he said he had an IPS panel from NEC that he retuend because of the ghosting and such on the display due to its response time(granted, this was over a year ago he tried the display).

tlarkin

VIP Member
I think you went a bit far on the 3D rendering, i was helping a guy i know for about 3 hours convincing him that IPS was the way to go(with one of the 24" dell displays),and he said he had an IPS panel from NEC that he retuend because of the ghosting and such on the display due to its response time(granted, this was over a year ago he tried the display).

Well I don't use autodesk products but I have definitely supported them for many years. At my old job I was responsible for deploying all Autodesk software to all computer labs. So my opinion on screen performance with Autodesk products is probably not as good as someone who actually uses them all day every day.

Also, some of the lower end IPS screens do have latency issues, but ghosting to me sounds more like hardware failure over hardware performance issues.

bomberboysk

Well I don't use autodesk products but I have definitely supported them for many years. At my old job I was responsible for deploying all Autodesk software to all computer labs. So my opinion on screen performance with Autodesk products is probably not as good as someone who actually uses them all day every day.

Also, some of the lower end IPS screens do have latency issues, but ghosting to me sounds more like hardware failure over hardware performance issues.

Well, he described it to me as "ghosting", and it did it with two different(well, same model, basically he rma'd it) displays, go figure.