Laptop Not Charging?

jgrav451

If you had to fiddle with the adaptor to get it to work it most likely is dead. This is exactly what mine would do. Take it to Best Buy they'll test it for free and sell you a new one.

anil099

Ok so good news...I just took it to Geek squad..they did a voltage check and said the AC adapter is the defective or whatever

so where would I find an AC adapter for Acer 5601 AWLMi

There are universal adapters and adapters for specific models right?

any pros and cons? I heard the acer one would be cheaper...and are all adapters the same or are they like batteries where they have different voltage and charge times

I also need a new battery and i think someone on cf told me this link...

http://www.batteryuniverse.com/Laptops/Acer/Aspire-5601/ACERTM2300_Acer_Aspire-5601_Laptop-Battery

so is this a good battery'? and is it original? i don't know if there are "knock" off batteries and adapters but i used to work in the cell phone industry and i saw a lot of cheap batteries and chargers and bluetooths so i wana make sure if im spending my money its on a good product

thanks

anil099

Im begging now...please somebody help...i don't want to create another thread which will be frowned upon

anil099

is this thread invisible? its been here for two days and no replies i really need help i dont know where else to turn to

jbrown456

Get the battery charger specific for your laptop, it is the best way to go.

Battery life will be decreased with a crappy charger. It's actually one of the most important things.

anil099

ok cool everywhere i look i get after market stuff

but theyre not universal theyre for acer

is that still good

like a hi capacity is the brand and its for acer 5601

RampageCole6

I think the battery is dead. The reason that it is dead is because lithium ion batteries loose significant baterry life every time that you let it die completely which is the same case for cell phones, ipod's, etc.

ancinter

ok cool everywhere i look i get after market stuff

but theyre not universal theyre for acer

is that still good

like a hi capacity is the brand and its for acer 5601

From what I have read, this sounds to me more to be your power plug on the motherboard than the cord itself.

Battery, yeah good idea to get a new one. If this is the original battery that came with the laptop it probably isn't a very good one. Check to see if they make one that has a higher watt value (on the battery they are labeled as 3600mAh for example). The higher the better, they will hold a charge longer.

Do you have a friend or someone who has your exact laptop? Plug in your cord to their laptop, if its defective as BB says, then it shouldn't charge the other persons laptop. If it works on their laptop, then your cord should be fine. Do the same trick with their cord on your laptop. If it still has issues and you need to "wiggle" the jack for it to start charing, then there is your problem. The power port on the motherboard has come loose and it needs to be resoldered.

Not an impossible task. It takes us longer to dismantle the laptops than to actually fix the darn things. But we do that all the time.

Good luck to you.

BTW, I would check out eBay for the parts if you want to go that route. I have found parts for my stuff cheap there. I have also sold parts as well. Once I wanted an encoder ribbon for my HP printer. HP won't sell it to anyone who isn't an "authorized repair center" and if they did, they wanted over $150 for the silly thing. I bought a broken printer on eBay for $70, took out the encoder ribbon I needed and sold it for parts... $65 if I am not mistaken, it's been a while. Total cost, not counting time invested of course, $5. Not bad for a $150 encoder ribbon I say. And my printer has been working without any problems for about a year and a half now.

Last edited: