Laptop Not Turning on

eddie57

Hi,

My laptop won't turn on. It did have a faulty battery that wasn't keeping it's charge very long. I plugged it in into the wall outlet and it still won't turn on. Would a bad battery prevent it from turning on even if it's plugged into the wall outlet? Any comments are welcome. Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If the battery has damaged the internal electronics then yes it can. When you plug it in does a light come saying its plugged in?

eddie57

If the battery has damaged the internal electronics then yes it can. When you plug it in does a light come saying its plugged in?

There is a light on the left side of the Laptop where you plug in the AC cord into the laptop. Is that the light you are referring to? I guess I need to order a new battery.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Remove the bad battery and just have it plugged in and see if it works. If not, getting a new battery is useless.

eddie57

Issue Solved

Remove the bad battery and just have it plugged in and see if it works. If not, getting a new battery is useless.

You know, all it was...was the battery was loose. I just pushed the cover to snap it securely in and voila! Thanks nonetheless. We live and learn.