Laptop or Netbook (Uk people please)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah il go with the 16gb version,tommorow will be the deciding day if i get it or not.

as for storage,i have a 500GB External usb2 drive :)

Hugh9191

Looks like a nice laptop if your planning on running windows on it. If your only using it for web browsing why bother installing an iffy o/s when Windows Vista will do it nicely, that laptop will run vista nicely just make sure you reinstall it when you get it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah has a Core 2 duo so should be a speedy laptop + has 4gb of ram too.

Hmm i dunno,I might Dual boot Vista and something else ;)

speedyink

VIP Member
It should be able to run any OS just fine. It's got a decent processor in it and lots of ram, it's good to go.

Hugh9191

It should be able to run any OS just fine. It's got a decent processor in it and lots of ram, it's good to go.

The laptop itself is very nice but the 'something else' he plans to install is very picky about what it will work on though so research before you buy!!!

I don't know how you'd dual boot as I don't think there's a bootloader that will do it but I could be wrong.

speedyink

VIP Member
Lol, I finally get what he's talking about, HA (here I was thinking linux distro :p). In that case I have NO idea on how that works.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think there's a bootloader that will do it but I could be wrong.

There is ;)

Lol, I finally get what he's talking about, HA (here I was thinking linux distro :p). In that case I have NO idea on how that works.

hehe yup glad you now understand.....but i know the forum rules and will not discuss it here.

My question was about the laptop itself....not the os i plan to run :)

Just wanted to know if it was a good Laptop,Im just waiting for my friend to get back to me.

speedyink

VIP Member
There is ;)

hehe yup glad you now understand.....but i know the forum rules and will not discuss it here.

My question was about the laptop itself....not the os i plan to run :)

Just wanted to know if it was a good Laptop,Im just waiting for my friend to get back to me.

Well in that case yes, that is a nice computer. I have a very similar processor in my Dell, and it's a nice processor for sure. The biggest downside would be the integrated video card, but considering what your installing on there I'm betting that gaming isn't the purpose for this.

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
gaming....no no,it will be just for internet,music and watching movies on thats about it.

daisymtc

I went to store and try out some Netbook recently. I feel those samsung 10" are the best in terms of typing and mouse pad...

Dell mini 10 would be another one you may consider. That is the only netbook I knew with a HDMI port...(My TV causing me a headache, it don't have VGA input and all laptops at my home don't have HDMI out... I given up at the end.)

shelby_vn

banned
I can't really tell you anything about it as it is illegal but I can tell you that the trick to installing anything not standard (e.g. linux) then it is important to find out if the hardware is compatible. Google is your friend here.

I have heard the Dell Mini 9 would be a good choice.

Hugh9191

I can't really tell you anything about it as it is illegal but I can tell you that the trick to installing anything not standard (e.g. linux) then it is important to find out if the hardware is compatible. Google is your friend here.

I have heard the Dell Mini 9 would be a good choice.

Strange, I think I remember posting that exact same reply on the previous page. :D

Did you end up getting the laptop?

At $300 you cant get a good lappy there i will suggest you that you should go for a good netbook.
In my opinion you should buy Acer inspire series netbook...
138l1308.jpg