Laptop OS

NerdyMatt

Hey guys!,

Got a small question:D, my auntie has given me her laptop as it is extremely slow. I want to format it but she doesn't have the WinXP disc or cd-key(her copy is valid). Is there anyway of pulling of the cdkey on her laptop? Kind of a last ditch attempt:(

If none of that works could i get away with using one my XP cd-keys on her laptop?:)

Any help appreciated greatly:D

Thanks

Matt

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can use magic jellybean keyfinder to get the key while you are still running windows. However, without the cd to reinstall, you are out of luck and would have to purchase another install cd. Legally you can't use your own cd and key to install on the laptop as its violates the EULA.

euwern

Hey guys!,

Got a small question:D, my auntie has given me her laptop as it is extremely slow. I want to format it but she doesn't have the WinXP disc or cd-key(her copy is valid). Is there anyway of pulling of the cdkey on her laptop? Kind of a last ditch attempt:(

If none of that works could i get away with using one my XP cd-keys on her laptop?:)

Any help appreciated greatly:D

Thanks

Matt

You mentioned that your laptop is kinda slow.. why not give Ubuntu OS a try..way faster OS if compared to window xp. First thing its free..second thing is its requirement is lower than window xp.. it can run pretty well in old computers.. plus you will have all the updates and patches.. since you mention that you loss your cd key..for winxp. in oher words you can install the latest patch.. or updates..