Laptop Ram

The_Other_One

VIP Member
That model number isn't correct or something; google isn't showing anything for it. Regardless, you should be able to right-click my computer, properties and see your total RAM listed there.

lman

ok,,,,,,PROBLEM yeah it is only reading 893 of ram, not 2 gigs, how can I fix this?? and also it is ddr2 667 could this be the problem??

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I seriously can't find squat about the laptop. Even on Toshiba's website, they offer no real support for the system...

Just download CPUz. Under the memory tab, it should list what type of RAM your running(DDR or DDR2) Make sure it's DDR2 as that's what you purchased.

lman

ok, here is what everest is telling me, kinda confused can you translate this at all for me

Field Value
Physical Memory
Total 893 MB
Used 509 MB
Free 383 MB
Utilization 57 %

Swap Space
Total 2042 MB
Used 826 MB
Free 1215 MB
Utilization 40 %

Virtual Memory
Total 2935 MB
Used 1336 MB
Free 1599 MB
Utilization 46 %

Physical Address Extension (PAE)
Supported by Operating System Yes
Supported by CPU Yes
Active No

munkyeetr

As The_Other_One said, download CPUz and it should also give some reference to the mainboard in the system, which then can hopefully be cross-referenced to find out if this RAM is right for you.

munkyeetr

What does your screen say when the system counts your RAM at boot? The value should be in KB

You may need to get the proper ram PC2-4200 to get it recognized properly.

lman

this is the PC Pitstop page on memory

Description Results
RAM installed 1024 MB
Windows RAM 894 MB
Total RAM slots 2
Available RAM slots 1
Max RAM module size 0 MB
Memory Type 0+1024;DIMM,DRAM,|Synchronous;T16
Speed Rating 5430 MB/s (104% of 1012 similar)

luckyedboy66

this is the PC Pitstop page on memory

Description Results
RAM installed 1024 MB
Windows RAM 894 MB
Total RAM slots 2
Available RAM slots 1
Max RAM module size 0 MB
Memory Type 0+1024;DIMM,DRAM,|Synchronous;T16
Speed Rating 5430 MB/s (104% of 1012 similar)
what brand is it. if its one of them cheapo brands, i would cast a wary eye on it. also, you might want to consider returning it. the egg has a 14 day return period i think. check into it.

lman

the band is GeIL so it is a reputable brand, so I am still knda lost, and what has me confused is that how can it read one stick and not both???

Dropkickmurphys

the band is GeIL so it is a reputable brand, so I am still knda lost, and what has me confused is that how can it read one stick and not both???

one of the sticks may be dead or not working properly, make sure it is connected correctly, and try using one stick at a time.

lman

Hey guys got it, just as DropKickMurphys thought, one of the sticks was out a little bit, as soon as I rebooted, I noticed a huge change, onw moer quick question though, where can I see if it is in single channel or double channel??? and how can I switch it? or is it just going to do it on its own?

and also just as a side note, the egg sent me the wrong RAM, instead of GeIL ram it is G Skill ram both pc 5300 though, not going to send it back I don't think