Laptop screen is faulty

alvintan9

Hi my laptop 15.6 ins display is faulty. The resolution of the display screen is 1920 x 1080.
I cant find the display screen with that resolution available in my country, the only available type I can find is having 1366 x 768 resolution only, which is not full hd. Can I replaced the screen with the same size having a lower resolution. My laptop model is MSI model MS-16GC
Thanks

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What you need to do is remove the bad screen and look up the existing model number that will be on a sticker. That will give you something to go off of. Punch that number into say amazon, ebay or just a general search and you should be able to find it. Also try using this website, they ship to a few countries not sure where you live though. Just need to know if its matte or glossy screen.

They have the screen in stock too.

alvintan9

What you need to do is remove the bad screen and look up the existing model number that will be on a sticker. That will give you something to go off of. Punch that number into say amazon, ebay or just a general search and you should be able to find it. Also try using this website, they ship to a few countries not sure where you live though. Just need to know if its matte or glossy screen.

They have the screen in stock too.

Hi, thanks for your reply, I am aware of the website you mention selling the laptop screen. The price of the display screen and shipping cost of sending the screen is expensive. Moreover this laptop is quite old using LVDS 40 pins. The newer 30 pins screen which is full hd I can get locally is so much cheaper but unable to use it for this laptop. The seller selling the display screen locally suggest that I buy the LVDS 40 pins but the resolution is only 1366 x 768. which they have stock.