Laptop Screen Size

tobywuk

There are big laptops, medium laptops and small laptops, all with diffrent size screens.

What do you think is a good size screen for a laptop?

Small is compact and easy to take around with you, but difficult to work with
Big is easy to work with, but big and not as portable.

Alsow hat size screen does your laptop have? and how do you find it?

Boomer

i have a 17 inch HP. yes its bigger, but the fact that its thin and light makes it a lot more portable. i use it for school mostly along with a little gaming. i love it! i don't feel that its too big having it at school at all. i also feel i made the right choice with the 17 inch.

Advitiya Saxena

smaller screen will reduce the icon size too (at high resolutions) therefore it will not good for long hr office typing work, n surfing. i think atleast 13.1 or may be 14.1 inchs

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
I think the 15.4" WXGA type of screen is the best overall; it offers good portability, is big enough for most people and doesnt put too much of a strain on the battery.

Last edited:

dmw2692004

I have 1 a 15.4 inch screen, its perfect for gaming, web browsing and such, my freind has a macbook pro with a 13inch screen and i can definatly see the diffence in size.

It depends on what you are going to be using the laptop for, if its going to be a desktop replacement, then go with the bigger screen, if your going to be using the laptop for travel and buisness tasks then you should go with a smaller screen, if you going to be using it for both, the go with a medium- smaller screen. In the end, its what you like best.

kaine.shutler

i have a 15.4" widescreen and it works well, but you need to think about if the laptops gonna remain static or gonna be moved around alot! and ofcourse processor speed. larger screens need a faster processor to tell the computer what to show on each pixel. more pixels, more processes...

falcon_fan

I would go with a 15.4 or a 17. With the 17" you can show it off to your friends. So I think I would go with the 17". :)

CPTMuller

17" is gonna be able to offer more performance if you want it because it can house more... 15.4 is the sort of mid-way point as far as cost/performance to portability/battery... I dont know much about smaller laptops but they seem to work better for school and jobs where you travel alot or are in need of a basic machine on the go... any ultraportable with good performance will cost through the roof(relative to a larger 15.4/17" notebook)....

Muller

easyshare123

15" lappy screen, Plenty i use it for College work,internet email, media,Photo editing

Dont need to go bigger plus its portable and i get 3Hours Battery :p

Dan

alexandergre

15.4 WXGA acer and i love it. Its perfect for everything. but its a little bit hard to work with video editing program. the self program takes 3/4 of the screen(even when i hide the taskbar)

sniperchang

i have a 15.4" widescreen and it works well, but you need to think about if the laptops gonna remain static or gonna be moved around alot! and ofcourse processor speed. larger screens need a faster processor to tell the computer what to show on each pixel. more pixels, more processes...

Your almost right :p That's the graphics card's job, and it depends on the resolution, not the screen size. (Of course bigger screens will have higher native screen resolution).