laptop screen with vge how do i do this?

airjrotc68

i took apart a old laptop of mine hoping i can use just the screen and nothing else to run vga to is there are 3 connections needed for the screen i believe one is audio one is video and the other is power which will be easy i just need the video to work the connection looks like the old pata cables seen in older desktops but much smaller with 50 pins and only 2 inches long anyone who know how to do this plz explain ty

cobrahead

i took apart a old laptop of mine hoping i can use just the screen and nothing else to run vga to is there are 3 connections needed for the screen i believe one is audio one is video and the other is power which will be easy i just need the video to work the connection looks like the old pata cables seen in older desktops but much smaller with 50 pins and only 2 inches long anyone who know how to do this plz explain ty

what model of laptop is the source and your target mate?.

mel

airjrotc68

its an old compaq armada im making a computer for recording an am puttin it in a box but i need a small screen with a tild so i can lay it down and slide it in and pull it out and fold it up so i thought it would be a perfect screen to work with if i can get the connections