Laptop set up

Kyouto

Hey guys, wasn't sure where the best place to post this was so I just went with my initiative. Anyway, I need a new laptop, but my hardware knowledge isn't so vast, especially not with laptops. i've got a budget of £500 (you'd have to convert that into $ if you don't know how much that is roughly.) Here's what I need;

*Decent enough graphics (I'm more into console gaming but I would like to play the odd C&C, CS and other similar games)
*A fair amount of memory. (Good enough to hold my completely -legal- downloading.
*Something good with -legal- software (Predominately Photoshop)
*Something that won't breakdown on me.
*And something good for MS Office for essays and such.
I'm really not too sure what I'm looking for so any points in the right direction would be brilliant.
Thanks.

ultipig

I would go with this model: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152178

I like MSI (they make good motherboards), and this specific notebook has an exceptional processor that will do pretty much anything, 4 gigs of ram (DDR3, a whole world faster than DDR2), a big hard drive, and some nice cosmetic looks. If I had to buy a new notebook, this would probably be it. Looks like it fits your budget too.

This processor might be overkill for what you want to do, but you won't have any problems with it.

Hope I helped. :)

Last edited: