Laptop shutting down when gaming

Ben_1988

My laptop shuts down randomly when during gameplay; I realise it could be due to the heat but it never used to do it and it used to run fine whilst being very hot, it's only getting slightly warm now before shutting down! Any suggestions that don't involve taking it apart?

Geoff

VIP Member
what video card does it have? or is it integrated? If its ATI, then you should download ATI Catalyst Control Center from the ati website, this will monitor its temp, then you can post it to us here, and you should also download Speedfan from download.com, this monitors your motherboard, hard drives, and cpu temp, and then post them here.

If the heat isnt the problem, then it could be something with the OS, when did you last reformat? you should run anti-virus/anti-spyware programs and run disk defragment.

alanuofm

VIP Member
Ben_1988 said:
My laptop shuts down randomly when during gameplay; I realise it could be due to the heat but it never used to do it and it used to run fine whilst being very hot, it's only getting slightly warm now before shutting down! Any suggestions that don't involve taking it apart?

Please list the specs on your laptop. pentium 4 5x1 series on laptops are known to be very hot. in fact my pentium 4 2.8 ghz laptop idles at like 54 deg celcius and gets up to 68 degrees when i play counter-strike. thats one degree before the processor automatically shuts off.