Laptop Suggestions

Warriorhazzard

Ok so this is the best place to post..

I am looking for a laptop under $900 (not including S&H :p) - I am looking forward to using the laptop for casual browsing the internet to gaming. I plan on taking it to school but most of all would like the gaming to run smooth :D

I currently have 4 prospects

HP

Toshiba

MSI

Asus

I am not so sure if MSI or Asus makes decent laptops so I would also like to know that
Any suggestions of other good laptops as well like I said those are just 4 prospects

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Warriorhazzard

What kind of gaming are you wanting to do? I found a hp that will work but it is 999.99$.

Well these are the minimum requirements of a game I'm currently playing, its not very demanding compared to others but would also like to try some other games later on. Not too sure :confused:

Code:
OS 	
Windows XP or Vista 32

CPU 	
Intel Pentium 4 class processor or AMD Athlon XP, at 1.5 GHz or faster

Video Card
GeForce FX class or ATI Radeon 9600 with 128MB of dedicated VRAM or better

System Memory
512MB of RAM or more

Sound
16-bit, DirectX compliant sound card

DirectX
9.0c or better

Drive Space 
1.8 GB of HDD space, plus additional for new game content

JTM

Don't buy a laptop for gaming. You'll understand why with their limitations.

Warriorhazzard

Don't buy a laptop for gaming. You'll understand why with their limitations.

It's not only for gaming I already have my (somewhat outdated) gaming desktop but I want to be able to run those games :D

My old laptop Dell Inspiron 600m just recently had a harddrive failure (picked it up too fast it seems) and no more laptop for the house. I like to do work while watching TV in the living room, etc. Also want to double box on some of those games :rolleyes:

"Don't buy a laptop for gaming. You'll understand why with their limitations." Well, a $600 laptop can run the game that the op wants to play.

This one is $800, can run the game well, has a large hard drive, a lot of good things.

JTM

"Don't buy a laptop for gaming. You'll understand why with their limitations." Well, a $600 laptop can run the game that the op wants to play.

This one is $800, can run the game well, has a large hard drive, a lot of good things.

It may very easily be able to, I'm just saying laptops are not future proof and if your like any PC owner you'll probably want the latest games no matter what your intentions are.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Um true, but the limitation of a desktop is the desk. He want's a laptop that will do real light gaming by the specs he listed plus I understand wanting to be able to sit and watch tv while on the computer. I recommend,
HP Pavilion dv7t series 779.99$ http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...anding=notebooks&a1=Category&v1=Entertainment powerhouse
Premium
Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T4200
2GB memory
250GB hard drive with HP ProtectSmart hard drive protection
512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS
SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW
Optional Bronze color, Integrated HDTV Tuner, edge to edge display

Dell Inspiron 13 799$ http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DNDWWA2&s=dhs
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T6400 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache) edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1 edit
OFFICE SOFTWARE Microsoft Works edit
128MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS edit
MEMORY 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 (2 Dimms) edit
HARD DRIVE Size: 250GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM) edit
INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE 8X Slot Load CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-RW Drive) edit
WIRELESS NETWORK CARDS Dell Wireless 1505 Wireless-N Mini-card

The HP is more powerful as far as gaming but in my opinion Dell's are better built.

Last edited:

JTM

Um true, but the limitation of a desktop is the desk. He want's a laptop that will do real light gaming by the specs he listed plus I understand wanting to be able to sit and watch tv while on the computer. I recommend,
HP Pavilion dv7t series 779.99$ http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...anding=notebooks&a1=Category&v1=Entertainment powerhouse
Premium
Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T4200
2GB memory
250GB hard drive with HP ProtectSmart hard drive protection
512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS
SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW
Optional Bronze color, Integrated HDTV Tuner, edge to edge display

Dell Inspiron 13 799$ http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DNDWWA2&s=dhs
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T6400 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache) edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1 edit
OFFICE SOFTWARE Microsoft Works edit
128MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS edit
MEMORY 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 (2 Dimms) edit
HARD DRIVE Size: 250GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM) edit
INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE 8X Slot Load CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-RW Drive) edit
WIRELESS NETWORK CARDS Dell Wireless 1505 Wireless-N Mini-card

The HP is more powerful as far as gaming but in my opinion Dell's are better built.

Touche'