laptop suggestions

redbull

I am looking to purchase a new laptop for while im at work and was wondering if you guys could help out as I dont usually keep up with the whole laptop scene as far as brands, reliability,etc.

Any suggestions,input,etc is much appreciated.

I dont really have a budget/limit of how much to spend although something in the $1500 or less range would be nice. If what I want cannot be had for that price, or something has features that I like for more than no big deal.

The MAIN need is reliability. I cannot be updating drivers twice a week trying to fix bs issues as I am limited to a connection that is probably the equivelent of 56k. Along with hardware reliablility. If something breaks there is no way to fix it, get replacement parts, etc, until I am back home.

As far as features/options. Nothing in particular just needs the stuff that id imagine most would have now days. Built in wireless/wifi and ethernet, blue ray player, webcam, and thats all I can think of.

I was thinking a mac book air, higher end asus thats geared more towards gaming (forget the name), or another typical off the shelf one which I would swap out the hdd for a ssd and fresh win 7 install.

biscuits

What will be you main use for the laptop
eg) work laptop for powerpoint, word one that is portable or a gaming laptop with top of the line graphics ?

redbull

Itll be for personal use rather than work related stuff (power point,etc,etc)

Watching movies, net, maybe some lower end causal type single player games. Basically just something to keep me occupied.

biscuits

for multimedia laptop you'd probably be interested in a hp envy, dell xps, sony vaio, asus g71g and my personal favorite is the samsung series 9 although it doesn't have a cd drive