Laptop to be mobile?

jonesnewton

Hi all looks like a great site, wish I had found it earlier.
I am going to be travelling/working around Greece again this year and was wondering about buying a gadget to attach to my mobile phone to give me access to the net for my laptop? I would only want it for quick access, but it would be great due to the fact of few internet cafes, well at least where I am going.
I use Vodaphone while I am there, as I have their sim card.

Thanks in advance..
Neil ;)

Hellbreather

Thats quite confusing can you explain why you need the mobile to access the internet on your laptop and I have never heard of this gadget before

narafa

You can request a connect card from your operator, the connect card is simply a card in which you insert your SIM into and then insert it inside the Laptop and then connect to the internet using the GPRS. You don't need your mobile handset in anyway.

Scrat

Most medium to high end mobiles come with software to install on your PC and a cable to connect it to the PC.... I know Nokia and LG do.
One of the drivers they normaly include is one that alows your mobile to act as a modem... all you need to do then is sign-up for a dial-up account that has a "Local Access" Phone number for the countrys you are traveling to(keeps the cost down, rather than having to dial the number back in your home country).