laptop upgrade processor

pop2

hi all good day, i want to upgrade my laptop processor ,which processor is right and little fast speed for me? now my intel centrino quite slow and lagging although i add to 4 gb ram. thanks.

Intel Mobile Core 2 Solo SU3500
Cores 1
Threads 1
Name Intel Mobile Core 2 Solo SU3500
Code Name Penryn
Package Socket P (478)
Technology 45nm
Specification Intel Core2 Solo CPU U3500 @ 1.40GHz
Family 6
Extended Family 6
Model 7
Extended Model 17
Stepping A
Revision R0
Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, Intel 64, NX, VMX
Virtualization Supported, Disabled
Hyperthreading Not supported
Bus Speed 199.5 MHz
Rated Bus Speed 798.0 MHz
Stock Core Speed 1400 MHz
Stock Bus Speed 200 MHz
Average Temperature 52 °C
Caches
L1 Data Cache Size 32 KBytes
L1 Instructions Cache Size 32 KBytes
L2 Unified Cache Size 3072 KBytes

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What exact model of laptop do you have? However, with your laptop being at least 8 years old now, its really time for a new one. Even if you could upgrade the cpu,(which would be hard to find now anyway) you wouldn't get that much more performance out of it anyway.

pop2

What exact model of laptop do you have? However, with your laptop being at least 8 years old now, its really time for a new one. Even if you could upgrade the cpu,(which would be hard to find now anyway) you wouldn't get that much more performance out of it anyway.

thanks for reply, i hv read some articels on the net that some guys change thier old laptop pc processor to higher speed processor. The old laptop becomes likes new laptop because of its increase high speed.So wonder i can make it too.

below my spec laptop model:
Manufacturer Acer
Model Aspire 4810T (CPU)
Version Base Board Version
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model GS45
Chipset Revision 07
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model 82801IM (ICH9-M)
Southbridge Revision 03
System Temperature 54 °C
BIOS
Brand INSYDE
Version V1.20
Date 6/15/2009

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As I said, this is an old laptop. You most likely won't find any cpu available to upgrade to and as said, performance would be slight hardly noticeable. Saving up for a new laptop is the only way to get more performance at this point. There isn't much you can do with technology that is almost 10 years old.

aldan

thanks for reply, i hv read some articels on the net that some guys change thier old laptop pc processor to higher speed processor. The old laptop becomes likes new laptop because of its increase high speed.So wonder i can make it too.

below my spec laptop model:
Manufacturer Acer
Model Aspire 4810T (CPU)
Version Base Board Version
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model GS45
Chipset Revision 07
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model 82801IM (ICH9-M)
Southbridge Revision 03
System Temperature 54 °C
BIOS
Brand INSYDE
Version V1.20
Date 6/15/2009
those "guys"you speak of are either stupid or lying.take the good advice you have been given.turf it.