laptop w/ blu-ray burner

graig

hi everyone! i would like to know how long you think laptops with blu-ray burners would take to get accessible (for me, less than $850)? because i need to update my pc for study reasons but i dont know whether to wait a couple of months to buy a blu-ray burner one (it would be very useful for me) or simply buy one in these days that cover my other needs (im sudying engineering, starting in mechanical design). By the way, what non-blu-ray-burner pc would you recommend: to use CATIA, with an HDMI output, a good hard drive (no less than 350 GB), no less than 4GB of RAM.

thank you for your time

CPTMuller

What do you need a blu ray burner for?
It seems like external drives would be more cost effective per gb for quite some time

graig

i don't actually need it, but as i want to upgrade, i could wait some time to make a big one from dvd to blu-ray. but maybe you're right, i'm just being stupidly ambitious haha thanks for making me realise it

CPTMuller

in all reality to get what you want it would be SO much cheaper to go external

But, that being said it does make sense to cover your bases, at least you didn't go to bestbuy and ask a million sales guys.

If you still need recommendations just post

graig

that's all for the time, thank you very much man... i'll ask again once i have some candidate computers to decide from.