laptop will not boot.

big scott

Hello,
im lost I have a compaq presario cq62 abd like this laptop but went to wake it up last night and will not come on.
I turned it off, then back on it starts, you can hear the fan on high then goes to slow.
the caps lock button blinks and the wfi btton is red. Nothing comes up on the screen
any clue what went wrong?
Could it be hard drive?
not sure what to do.

also at this point im scrambling and looking for another laptop, but I would like to find a new one with windows 7 is there any out there?
Im not a fan of wndows 8.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Try powering it off, removing the battery, and reseat the RAM modules. If that doesn't do it, it may be dead, as the CQ-62's were pieces of junk like their HP model counterparts, the DV series.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It should blink in a series then short pause and blink again. How many times it blinks at once determines whats wrong with it. If 5 times then its a bad motherboard.

big scott

Ok I pillrd the then installed them. Tured it back on and same thing.

I think its dead.

wht is the cance of me pulling everythibg off my hard drive.
I will have to find somebody to do it as I have no clue how or even if I can.
is I hope I did not lose my hard drive as I have all my info, pics, docs everything.

big scott

Well it just blinkes off and on slowly like every 2 sec.
I know what you mean i. So if I had to guess it blinks 1 time. Whats that ?

big scott

how do I get my info off the hard drive ?
im going to get a usb hard drive and want to load it with the info from bad laptop.
I never done anything like this so not sure if I can do it.

Have you tried pulling the heatsink off the processor, then reseat the processor. Clean the old thermal paste off and reapply new paste and heatsink.

big scott

also is the screen worth anything ?
i torn it down and have the screen off and it has the wifi board. is it worth anything ?
if so ill post it for sale as i dont need it now. it works 100% no cracks.