Laptop wont charge

elobire

Can anyone tell me what i should check for if my laptop wont charge?
The light on the charger comes on, but nothing comes up on the laptop.

Im not sure if this helps, but i changed the screen on it 2 days ago. then the laptop charged fine the day i changed it, but when i plugged it in the next morning it wouldnt work.

Any help is appreciated.

zPixel

Can anyone tell me what i should check for if my laptop wont charge?
The light on the charger comes on, but nothing comes up on the laptop.

Im not sure if this helps, but i changed the screen on it 2 days ago. then the laptop charged fine the day i changed it, but when i plugged it in the next morning it wouldnt work.

Any help is appreciated.

The battery and the charger will break over time, maybe you need a new one.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The most likely cause here is a bad/broken charging port on the laptop itself. Most of the time you can jiggle the connection to make contact and it will charge. You may also want to try a different charger.

elobire

The most likely cause here is a bad/broken charging port on the laptop itself. Most of the time you can jiggle the connection to make contact and it will charge. You may also want to try a different charger.

Thats what i thought would be the problem as if i positioned it a certain way it wouldnt charge before.

Found out after wiggling the cable that its down to the charger. I just assumed that because the light was on it works, but the light must indicate the box thing works.
Did a temp fix by selotaping it in the position that it will charge in.

Thanks for all the help again guys :D